Friday, November 18, 2005

Traditional farm buildings under threat warns heritage body

Traditional farm buildings, regarded as fundamental to the character of the English countryside, are fast disappearing, according to the latest annual audit of the state of England's historic environment.
That warning has been spelled out by English Heritage (EH) in a new report, Heritage counts, compiled by the conservation body on the back of research carried out by EH, the Countryside Agency and other interested parties.
This research revealed that of more than 30,000 listed working farm buildings in England, some 2,420 (over seven per cent) are in a severe state of disrepair while nearly one in three has already been converted to other uses.
The report pointed out that thousands of barns, wagon sheds, byres, dovecotes, outhouses, stables and oast houses face disuse and dereliction.
The report also highlighted the fact that agricultural buildings now form the biggest category on local authority building at risk registers.
The report also discovered that 57 per cent of listed farms have been subject to a planning application since 1980 and that 80 per cent of the proposals were approved.

7 comments:

Adrian Creffield said...

Why can't more sites be as good as yours!!! You see I am changing my life at the moment and I have decided to start a assembling goods home uk work site. I am trying to get inspiration so I can become easier to talk to. You site has given me some ideas. I talk to a wide range of people and I need to relate to everyone I come across so thanks for your posts! The title 'Traditional farm buildings under threat warns heritage body' caught my eye so I thought I'd post on this one. Cheers.

Adrian Creffield said...

Bychoice, why can't more sites be as good as yours!!! You see I am changing my life at the moment and I have decided to start a work at home jobs in uk site. I am trying to get inspiration so I can become easier to talk to. You site has given me some ideas. I talk to a wide range of people and I need to relate to everyone I come across so thanks for your posts! The title 'Traditional farm buildings under threat warns heritage body' caught my eye so I thought I'd post on this one. Cheers.

nwp--3fe94a said...

Hi Bychoice, when you have a minute, please take a look at this north wales properties offer website. This north wales properties is a lovely, family home in a coastal village of North Wales. It’s on for special discount price, that represents a 12% savings for any buyer. You have a fantastic blog here, keep it up.

nwp--68264b said...

Hi Bychoice, when you have a minute, please take a look at this north wales property for sale offer website. This north wales property for sale is a lovely, family home in a coastal village of North Wales. It’s on for special discount price, that represents a 12% savings for any buyer. You have a fantastic blog here, keep it up.

nwp--68264b said...

Hi Bychoice, if you or anyone you know are looking for a north wales property, please take a look at this north wales property website. My north wales property is on special offer because a quick sale is required. It is a great savings for any buyer!
Your blog is great and I have enjoyed reading through – well done.

nwp--7eabe3 said...

Hi Bychoice, if you or anyone you know are looking for a north wales properties, please take a look at this north wales properties website. My north wales properties is on special offer because a quick sale is required. It is a great savings for any buyer!
Your blog is great and I have enjoyed reading through – well done.

Greg said...

Hello friendly Blogers if you are thinking about fallbrook buildings and fallbrook buildings Ideas for Home Construction projects. If you own a home and need to work on fallbrook buildings then al I want to say is Yea.... I wood love to let you in on a secret about home repairs... People ask me all the time about fallbrook buildings and they want to know simple ways to solve ther problems ...well I have the answers and If you go to http://fallbrook4u.com fallbrook buildings and go through the site you will find what you are looking for... what can I say butt get going ...